New website

Any suggestions for the website? Anything you don't like?

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

New website

Postby thebunyans » Wed May 09, 2012 8:35 pm

I've created a leaner, brighter version of the main website.

It is still a "work in progress", but it should be stable enough to use as the main site now. I know a number of links to files are broken, I'll gradually fix those.

Please post any comments/issues with the site here. I have mainly tested the site in Google Chrome as the web browser. I know there are some presentation differences when older versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer are used, and again I'll try and make the site as consistent as possible across the browser variations.

Under the covers the software that the main site runs on is "joomla" and as part of the exercise of creating the new site I've brought the software right up to date (two major software upgrades). This upgrade should mean there is more functionality for the site authors/admins, and you'll see I've included a headline image scroller for pictures. This can display a number of headline images that you can scroll through (hover your mouse over the pictures to see the controls), plus you can "play" them automatically.
thebunyans
The Boss

Re: New website

Postby jimmywills » Wed May 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Very slick. Can I ask for a photo section to be put in with pictures that aren't ancient? It would help put faces to the regular names that come up all the time who do races.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks
jimmywills
Plodder

Postby Mandy » Thu May 10, 2012 7:36 pm

John I like the look and the photo's really help bring website to life.

Main comment is that the MaccHalf link is now embedded in the road tab where it was on the front page. Could we have a new tab that lists all the races and where the links can be held? I think this would make it more intuitive for visitors to find out info about our races.

Could you also add a link to the 5K website too?

Cheers
Mandy
Mandy
Front runner

Postby BrianMac » Thu May 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Love the site John. Very bright and slick. Can we have the forum latest posts window back again or something similar. Probably the most used aspect of the old site.
BrianMac
Honorary Paparazzi

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Fri May 11, 2012 6:51 pm

John's updated it Brian. Great stuff. I notice that the "links"tab isn't up. Have simply added one's I use regularly (FRA; Hayfield) to my bookmarks so not an issue.

cheers Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby geofpet1 » Sun May 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Well done john, its fantastic!
geofpet1
Elite athlete

Return to Web Site Comments