Time to open Macc Harrier web site

Any suggestions for the website? Anything you don't like?

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Time to open Macc Harrier web site

Postby Stephen Watts » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:49 pm

Question for John

I seem to be experiencing considerable delay in opening the Macc Harriers web site. I am using broad band and all other sites I open pop up within 1-3 seconds I estimate. The Macc H site is taking more than 30seconds at the moment although I have noticed that it has been slow to load for some time now. Is this because of the amount of content on the home page or is there another reason? I don't have a problem waiting but my concern is for anyone still using a slow connection. On the other hand it might just be tht I live near the top of a hill. It must take longer for the information to flow up hill!! Any thoughts John?
Stephen Watts
Mid pack runner

Postby thebunyans » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:16 pm

My last access to the home page loaded in a few seconds... at other times there does seem to be a delay that I suspect is down to the speed of the hosting company servers.

The home page is dynamically generated - that makes it easier to manage, but can make it slower to load. The content is not that large.

The home page also has a linkage to the forum to display the latest posted messages, and this is on a totally different server/ISP, and this data may delay the page loading sometimes.

I'd be interested to know what experiences others are having.

John
thebunyans
The Boss

Return to Web Site Comments